I got a few replies back from people saying they enjoyed my first attempt at pretending to be Jamie Oliver, so I've given it another go. This time with a super simple but delicious Boeuf Bourguignon Delia Smith recipe.
I used this recipe https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/casserole/boeuf-bourguignon-easy.html as a base, but cheated and made it even easier and quicker to make.
- 2x 283g Rump Steak
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- 400g small button mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 heaped tablespoon sauce flour or plain flour
- 450ml merlot wine
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
Here's my notes I wrote down (that I look back to in the video);
- [big pan] steak, onion, bacon, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, bay leaves
- [big pan] flour, mix up, wine, s+p
- [low heat] 2-3 hours
And here's the video:
In the end I left it as it was and didn't added the extra water and beef stock. I'm glad I didn't, it was so rich and super tasty!
With it I also did some red cabbage and some greens.
- [big pan] cut up, 100ml red wine, tsp cinnamon, tsp nutmeg, 5 cloves
- [simmer] 20 mins
- [pan] green beans, sugar snap peas, water
- [simmer] 6 mins, drain
And there you go
(｡◕ ‿ ◕｡)
Like this post? Hire Me!